Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bargello progress

I've been working on the Bargello quilt this weekend but I really have no idea where it is going. I found a picture of a quilt that I liked and had hoped that I could figure out strip placement on my own. Of course that is not as easy to do as I'd hope and I got lost. That's okay... It is hard to go too wrong with a Bargello quilt. Still... while the rainbow colors may be there I don't think anyone is going to get a connection beyond that.

At this point I was just trying to get a flow of colors going up and down... Now I'm trying to put in some divider strips but I'm not sure if I am enhancing things or making the quilt more muddled. And oh, that black is strong isn't it! (But batiks go so well with black...)

As I'm still getting confused with my strip making this make take a few more days. And I have a few full days of teaching before I can get back to this. I hope I don't forget what I was trying to do. It is kind of fun...

And while I sewed, Tetsu spent the weekend planting flowers and moving bricks near our driveway. I had asked him to remove a dying tree and get rid of a wooden planter that had termites. He put his artistic talents to work and designed a brick planter instead. Good gardener, great husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment