Sunday, June 2, 2013

Changes

Sorry about the mix-up yesterday...  I'm making some changes in my life!

I have decided to start over in blogging.  I have been having a problem with readers who feel they need to tell me how to write my blog.  They don't like my pictures or they don't like my topics.  I'm sorry, but it is my blog and I do not want to be hindered by who thinks what about whatever.  I'm also getting a lot of spam that is very annoying.

I suppose I could just click on the "only these readers" button.  But that would make me and my blog disappear completely for my anonymous readers...  I don't think that is fair to the faithful readers who have stopped in for so many months or years.  Making a whole new private blog is a bit frightening, but it means I can control things a bit more.

I have been playing around on the new blog site (and that's why invitations went out to some people and not to others) and have been having a lot of fun!  Hey!  I didn't know I could adjust my blog widths if I use another template!  I didn't know I could post larger pictures!  Oh!  So many things to explore!

So...  It seems that I can just click on a g-mail contact button and everyone will get an invitation to this new blog...  But some people (yoo-hoo Leiya, you are one of those people!) have three or four e-mail addresses and I have no idea which one you normally use.

What I can do is send out an invitation to people I recognize from their g-mail addresses that I have.  I guess if anyone else wants an invite, then you'll have to contact me in this post's comment section or by the e-mail address in my blog profile.  This may mean that some people will have to make a g-mail account (which is free) and I apologize if it is an inconvenience or if you feel that I've jilted you.

This is the explanation I get on Blogger.

Only these readers 
 
You can restrict your blog to only readers you choose. However, these readers will need to log in before reading your blog, adding an extra step. 

We'll save your readers list for you, so you can switch back at any time. 

So though I'll be somewhere else and I'll be using a new layout...  The new blog is really just a continuation of this one.  Same old topics, same animals, same sewing going on.



Thank you for being so friendly and faithful, for commenting and encouraging.  I hope I see you again. I'll be trying to send out those invitations again today... wish me luck...

Update.  Okay... So far this isn't working.  I guess you are going to have to send me an e-mail...  I can't register anybody from the comment box.

No comments:

Post a Comment