Monday, May 13, 2013

...recovery...

I have a friend who is going into the hospital today.  She may or may not have surgery.  She may be in there awhile or she may come home in a few days.  Whichever way, a jolt has been given to her daily life.

So... as my friend gets ready to go to the hospital I send her e-mails, and help her make lists of things she might need, and pray for her and with her.

My friend knows the Bible but thinking that she might not be able to pull up a comforting Bible verse in the jumble of thoughts and concerns she has right now I sent one to her in an e-mail.  I'm not sure I can pull up a comforting Bible verse on the run either but this is the verse I have in my schedule book this week.

"Then your light will break out like the dawn,
And your recovery will speedily spring forth;
And your righteousness will go before you;
The glory of the Lord will be your rear guard."
Isaiah 58:8  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment