Friday, March 8, 2013

By the Light of the Moon kit

What fun I had yesterday!

Another "advanced class" with Mrs. Furui and Mrs. Ochiai.  We worked on our third McKenna Ryan kit.  And this one is going to be MINE!!!

When trying to decide if we were really going to take the plunge and order some kits I knew that if we were going to do it I wanted to do the panel with all the animals in it.  (They all had animals but this one had the most.)  And yesterday the three of us started building the appliques...

All the teeny, tiny pieces!!!  But what cute animals they turn out to be!


A cardinal


A raccoon


A fox


A whole menagerie!  We spent the morning putting together the parts.


And then we spent the afternoon putting together the collage and plotting our quilting strategy. 

I am so excited to see this all fused on but completely stressed out about how this is going to get quilted.  Blog friends have sent me pictures of their completed McKenna quilts and have directed me to the website but honestly... How am I going to quilt those eyes on the foxes without ruining the adorable expressions?

My homework for this week (today) is to put the borders on this and then I will have to find a completely free day to settle down to some quilting...  Can I do this?

I think I can... I think I can... I think I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment