Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Woven baskets

This week I went to my friend's house for a delicious lunch and a chance to see her collection of woven bamboo baskets from a well know bamboo artist.


The baskets were just beautiful!  (And probably very dear.)


Baskets such as these are most often used to hold Japanese sweets or rice crackers, I can't imagine trying to use one for any of the snacks that I serve!


Some of the receptacles had an inner bamboo cup so that flowers might be arranged.


A superb collection and though my friend had brought out all her baskets at one time to show us, I can imagine just one artistically arranged on her low lacquer table.


And what are all my friends doing?  
They are taking pictures of Eiko-san in her lovely kimono-made dress.  Eiko-san said she had had her mother's kimono made into a dress many years ago but couldn't find anyplace to wear it.  Well, our elegant lunch and basket exhibition was just the occasion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment