Monday, July 30, 2012

Friends make friends make friends

Leiya and I seem to be doing more looking and not much doing. What I mean is that we buy stuff to make things but don't spend any time making anything...

Saturday, on the spur of the moment, Marcy said,

"Let's go to M&Ls."

So off we went.

Marcy wants to get started on the photo transfer quilt. (We bought the pattern at the Long Beach Quilt Festival). And she is so enthusiastic that she bought enough fabric for 5 quilts (albeit small quilts.)

"Whoa! Hold on there! Let's do ONE first and see if it can be done!"

But no holding her back. As a true fabric lover, Marcy bought yards and yards of fabric.

While I was browsing through the aisles I turned around and nearly bumped into a lady.

"...I know you... You are Ann!"

I actually met Ann at the very same place last summer. She recognized me from my blog last year.

"Ann, do you LIVE here?"

Ann introduced me to a couple of her friends. And I introduced Leiya, blah, blah, blah...

We all had a good laugh at the connections made.

Later Leiya says to me,

"Ann's friend, Pat invited us to go to a bead show with her tomorrow. Well, actually I was telling her about a bead show that I heard about and she said she'd like to go."

So one thing led to another and yesterday Pat, Leiya and I went to a bead show. Wow! What a bead show! Unfortunately the wholesalers weren't very pleased about being photographed especially since we were just looking and not doing a whole lot of buying. Leiya did take ONE photo before she noticed the seller frowning at her...

I felt like I was walking through a treasure chest what with all the gold and silver chains and bobbles and glass beads and semi-precious stones and sparkles and spangles. Alas, I am not a jewelry maker but I can see how fun it would be to become one.

"No, no, no Tanya! You are a quilter! Go back to your fabric and sew!"

Today I've got to get Marcy started on her quiltS!

Thank you Pat for taking us yesterday! Thank you Ann for introducing us!

No comments:

Post a Comment