Sunday, March 18, 2012

Nervous

I was trying on some jeans yesterday and had a great laugh while I was in the dressing room. Did you know that when you go into a dressing room in Japan that you are supposed to take off your shoes?

Yep. That's what you are SUPPOSED to do. You'd never know it from this sign though would you?

I had to explain to Tetsu why I was chuckling. The person who made the sign obviously used a Japanese/English dictionary and mistook the words "step up" in Japanese to mean "nervous." It is SUPPOSED to read,

"Please take off your footwear and step up and into the dressing room."

Who knew that a trip to the dressing room would result in a belly laugh!

Of course the store staff might be warning me to beware of shoe thieves while I'm trying on jeans...

No comments:

Post a Comment