Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Doing


I'm not getting anything done this morning. Here I sit at my computer.

Yesterday my friend Mrs. T who is a ballerina, was saying that she really didn't like her computer because it meant all that much more time just SITTING. She wants to get up and move and dance and stretch and do exercise.

There is a basic difference between us right there. My body defaults into slow mode the second it gets a chance. It loves sitting all day long in a chair with no more than a bit of wrist action from my quilting hand. It enjoys being plopped in front of a desk, elbows resting on the table while only my fingers do the walking on the key board. (And they can go so many places!!!)

But I know that I'm not really doing my God given body any favors just resting it on my tush. In fact I've been reading a book about legendary marathon runners (I was thinking I'd become inspired. I hate running.) I've downloaded walking routines to boost metabolism. I even asked Mrs. T to buy me a balance cushion and write me out a workout (in the ruse of English homework) so that I could get in a little exercise at home.

The bottom line is that I am deceiving myself and doing a lot of SITTING and READING about exercise but not DOING anything.

My Bible memory verse for the week is:

"Do not merely listen to the Word and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says." James 1:22

I think God is talking to me about more than just reading the Bible...

SO... I am closing this computer right now and going over to the local pool to take out a year membership!!! I've hemmed and hawed enough. I'm DOING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment