Saturday, October 9, 2010

Rainy day

Yesterday was a rainy day and unfortunately the kindergarten Sports Festival had to be rescheduled for Monday. Mrs. Furui and I had been planning to attend but suddenly we were faced with a free day. What to do? Patchwork!

Actually, applique. I bundled up most of my recently purchased applique tools and went to Mrs. Furui's house where I demonstrated the used of the applique sheet, the craft iron, the stiletto, and showed her how I'd learned to use double freezer paper, and ironing starch. Mrs. Furui is pretty much of an expert at applique anyway but she was interested to see how the use of the tools could result in a perfectly prepared applique block that only needed to be sewn. Mrs. Furui finished preparing her August block for A Tisket a Tasket and I worked on and completely finished my October block.

And Mrs. Furui gave me the prettiest book called "A Prayer for Little Things" by Eleanor Farjeon. It is an old book, originally published in 1945 and the illustrations are adorable. Mrs. Furui found a version in Japanese and English and gave it to me as an early Christmas present. If you see it in a bookstore give it a look.


No comments:

Post a Comment