Monday, June 28, 2010

Humidity

I spent a little time in my "new" sewing room and have sewn part of the Pinwheels and Patches together. This is definitely a lot easier than trying to machine quilt a big quilt. It was a little difficult getting the seams to line up on the two sides because of the amount of bulk pulling at the quilt from both under and above but maybe next time I'll use more pins. Also the seams on the bottom went all directions but I was too busy concentrating on keeping edges aligned, seams somewhat matched and not sewing in the layers of batting and backing to worry about directional seams. I think it will all quilt out in the end. Sorry no pictures of that process.

I did put together another Alabama Beauty block, this time in Firefly colors! Maybe I should have been even brighter in that pink area. Now what am I going to do with this one obviously different block? Make more I suppose. And then what? How am I going to combine two such different color schemes?

I did mention the other day that I love the rain. That's true. But I'm not so fond of this humidity. I can almost watch the mold grow on things! Vegetables spoil. I carry around a wet face towel all the time. It's a good thing I don't wear makeup, it would be melting off my face. Bugs abound. Smells from factories and farms settle on the neighborhood (and you know my animals.) The temperature is not as high as it gets in California but the humidity is at 85%. Sometimes I imagine that it is hard to breathe... I have finally resorted to using the air conditioner! I will NOT be doing any hand quilting for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment