Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Applique cushions

Thank you for your advice on long arm quilting the Orange and Cherry Jubilee. I have been combing the Internet for places near my mother's home that might teach long arm classes or have long arm services. I think I will take the quilt with me this summer, check around in person, make the decision about how much I want to spend and do something about it this summer... and if I can't make the splurge or find the time I can always carry it back to Japan and think let it rest in the closet for another year. It's lived there for quite awhile anyway... Who knows. When and if I finish the Feathered Star I might WANT another quilt on my quilt hoop.











In the meantime I FINALLY finished both applique cushions from Mrs. Furui's book Hop To It. I think what I like best about the book is the colors that are used so I'm not buying the book. I'm sure Mrs. Furui will loan it to me again if I have an inkling towards applique in the future. I should be able to figure out colors myself.

These are machine appliqued (both using freezer paper but one with edges turned under) and when they are finished I can't really tell the difference. I guess I'll go with the non-edge turn process. That was easier.

Off for a busy day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment