So I started combing my children's book collection for cute dog pictures and I tried my hand at drawing doggie cartoons. I'm not much of an artist so I crumpled up a lot of scratch paper. But in the end, I came up with an idea and Saturday the sewing began.
First background. I've got all those strings in a bin so I sewed those together first. A lot of blue. Some streaks of yellow. A little brown at the bottom.
Then I started appliqueing a tree trunk and leaves. My last tree for the Mini-Round Robin worked out so well that I've been sort of proud of myself. But because this is a "fun" quilt and will be juvenile looking, I opted for button hole applique rather than needle turn and as of this morning my tree has been applied. I hope I can get to the dog part of all this tonight.
I'm having fun!