Friday, January 8, 2010

Yumetaro-san!

Yesterday morning I was waiting for some kindergarten mothers to arrive for the first English lesson of the year when the doorbell rang. I thought it was one of the mothers come early but when I opened the door who should be standing there but Yumetaro-san and his dog Yuzu!

"You're back! You're well!"

And I hugged Yumetaro-san right there on the front porch! A very un-Japanese thing to do! But I was so happy to see him!

Yumetaro-san's been away from the neighborhood since the beginning of December. And I have been praying for him ever since. No word about his surgery. No way to find out how he was. I left a Christmas card in his mailbox but didn't know if he'd ever received it. Months ago Yumetaro-san had brought me a beautiful purple scarf that his sister had made from an old kimono. Yesterday morning when getting dressed I tied the beautiful scarf around my neck and said another prayer for him...

I just had a few minutes to talk with Yumetaro-san before my class arrived but I waved the purple scarf around and said

"Yumetaro-san! I've been thinking about you! Look! I was thinking about you just this morning!"

He was very pleased and surprised that I was wearing the scarf on that particular day.

So Yumetaro-san is back quite a bit thinner, looking a little haggard, a little low about the way his life has changed, but he's BACK!

"Thank you Lord for being with Yumetaro-san and healing him thus far. Even though he might not recognize Your power and mercy, let me praise You in his place. Coincidences are only proof of Your love and direction."

And thank you, blog friends, for your prayers also.


"And you are helping us by praying for us.
Then many people will give thanks
because God has graciously answered
so many prayers for our safety."
1 Corinthians 1:11
(New Living Translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment